Email Developer Applications close on Friday 20th January.
Working closely with the design and marketing departments at Engage, our email developers are responsible for bringing our email campaigns to life with rock-solid code, across a range of campaigns for clients in a variety of industries including hospitality, cosmetics and power tools.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for pushing boundaries with email development, always striving to solve problems in the most elegant and bullet-proof way possible and who is eager to keep on top of emerging technologies. From day one you’ll be jumping straight into many of our projects and become integral in the execution of our clients emarketing strategies, and ensuring Engage stays ahead of the curve in this ever-changing industry!
First, a little about Engage:
Established in 2007 we’ve built a reputation for consistently delivering world-class digital strategies for some of the UK’s leading brands. With a team of 27, we’re big enough to give you room to grow and work on some high-profile projects, but small enough to remain agile and not be tied up in large agency politics. We’ve got a very open culture here in the studio meaning everyone is given the chance to input into all areas of the business.
If you’re not already familiar with our work, have a read of our blog - it’s by far the best way of seeing the kind of stuff we do and the kind of clients we do it for. Then, if you think that you’ve got the passion and creativity to do similar (or better!) stuff, this could be the role for you!
- You’re comfortable writing HTML and CSS code from scratch, and structuring responsive emails using tables.
- You have a strong understanding of responsive design principles, and basic level of Photoshop skill.
- You’ve got a strong grasp of the e-marketing landscape, and current industry best practice.
- You understand the importance of browser and device testing, and will go to any lengths to fix that bug in Outlook 2007!
- You’ll be experienced and comfortable in managing multiple projects, and communicating with the wider team.
- You’ll have some experience working with the major e-marketing systems including Campaign Monitor and MailChimp.
- You’ve got a keen eye for detail, and understand the importance of making meaningful, measurable improvements (however small).
- You still get a buzz out of the fact that millions of people will see your work in action.
- You have plenty of examples to show us that you fulfill the points above.
Brownie points if:
- You have have a few years industry experience, preferably in a similar role.
- You have experience with A/B testing, and understand the importance of a strong subject line.
- You’ve worked with some ‘bigger’ e-marketing systems, including the likes of Adobe Campaign and Exact-Target.
- You’ve got in-depth experience with databases, data-picking and segmentation.
- You’ve got an interest in setting KPIs for email campaigns, and reporting back on results.
Do any of the below sound like you? Then get in touch!
- You’re looking for the next step in your career, at a creative agency with a strong team and some awesome clients.
- You’re working freelance and think it’s time to start working in a great environment with people all around to bounce ideas off.
- You want time to explore new ideas and practice your craft with plenty of opportunity to learn and improve your skills.
- You’re currently in a role where delivering an ‘ok’ end product will suffice, but you’re not happy with that. ‘Ok’ just isn’t good enough, you want to make things that win awards and get people talking.
- You work somewhere where digital is a bolted on after-thought and you yearn to work somewhere where digital is given the love and attention it deserves.
So what are we offering?
- Competitive salary based on your experience / ability.
- Company pension scheme, matched up to 3%.
- 25 days holiday a year ( + bank holidays of course ).
- Extra day off for your birthday.
- Flexible working hours.
- A creative office in the heart of Leeds City Centre.
- Monthly socials, epic Summer Parties, and more.