Senior PHP Developer Applications close on Sunday 14th May.
We’re looking for an experienced, passionate Senior PHP Developer to join the team. Someone who is always striving to solve problems in the most elegant way possible and who is eager to keep on top of all the emerging technologies.
We’re looking for someone who’ll thrive in a fast-paced agency environment and is always looking for the next challenge!
First, a little about us
Established in 2007 we’ve built a reputation for consistently delivering world-class digital strategies for some of the UK’s leading brands. With a team of 27, we’re big enough to give you room to grow and work on some high-profile projects, but small enough to remain agile and not be tied up in excess process and politics. We’ve got a very open culture here in the studio, meaning everyone is given the chance to input into all areas of the business.
If you’re not already familiar with our work, have a read of our case studies - it’s by far the best way of seeing the kind of stuff we do and the kind of organisations we do it for. Then, if you think that you’ve got the passion and expertise to do similar (or better!), this could be the role for you!
About the role
As a Senior Developer, you'll...
- ...join the ranks of the Engage development team and will be working on a wide range of projects from e-commerce website builds and intranets to social apps and even the odd internal project we’ve got on the go. We like our developers to use the latest technologies, with the vast majority of our projects now built on Laravel with Vue.js, and we actively encourage the team to suggest new technologies to use.
- ...be expected to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of technologies and make recommendations on which frameworks/technologies should be used, as well as identifying projects that are suitable for them to be used on.
- ...be able to assist other developers by passing on of your development knowledge. You'll also be available and open to aid other developers when they require help and encourage collaboration between them.
- ...be able to manage and prioritise your schedule around agreed deadlines.
- ...display a high level of quality in your work and rigorously test it before handing it over as complete.
- ...work closely with the Technical Director to be involved in all aspects of the development process, from planning and implementation, through to testing, maintenance and aftercare.
Qualities we're looking for
- At least 4 years of agency experience
- Good PHP skills, with experience of MVC frameworks, i.e. Laravel, Symfony
- A good understanding of industry best practices i.e. SOLID principles, abstractions not concretions - along with the knowledge of when to apply them
- Knowledge of MySQL, MariaDB and general database design
- Experience working with APIs - RESTful, SOAP etc.
- Problem spotting and solving capabilities
- Great time management
- Exceptional attention to detail and a passion for all things digital
- Plenty of examples to show us that you fulfill the points above!
So what’s the package?
- Competitive salary based on your experience / ability
- Company pension scheme, matched up to 3%
- Annual Laracasts membership, so you can continue to learn new stuff!
- 25 days holiday a year ( + bank holidays of course )
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Flexible work day start and end times
- A creative office in the heart of Leeds City Centre
- Help good causes and even win extra holiday and cash prizes through our Elympics campaign!
- Monthly socials, epic Summer Parties and more…