Business Support Coordinator
Applications close on the 31st July 2022
£25,000 - £30,000 depending on skills and experience
We independently benchmark salaries for all roles every two years, so when you work at Engage you can be confident you’re fairly rewarded for your talent and experience when compared against the rest of the industry.
Hours and location
This is a full-time role based in Leeds, UK. We offer hybrid working and flexible hours to everyone in the team, but this is not a fully remote opportunity. You will be required to be based in the office a minimum of 3 to 4 days a week.
As part of our commitment to making Engage a great place to work, we’ve built a comprehensive benefits package that fuels our thriving culture and delivers an exceptional, well-rounded employee experience. Some of our most popular perks are:
- Hybrid working with flexible hours
- 26 days holiday, plus extra for continued service
- Private company medical and dental insurance
- 5% matched employer pension contribution
- A performance-linked company bonus scheme
- A 10% Learning and innovation time budget per team
- Up to 4 weeks a year to Work From Absolutely Anywhere (WFAA)
- Your own 1-on-1 financial coach
What we’re looking for
We are looking for an individual to support our People Development & Culture team as a Business Support Consultant. You will act as the second point of contact for HR-related queries from colleagues and external partners whilst seeking new solutions to improve the general business requirements. This opportunity will allow you to forge your own path at one of the top agencies in Leeds.
A talented Business Support Consultant would ideally hold great people skills, and working knowledge of employment law would be beneficial. This role would be a pivotal link between the HR and Operation teams. Within this role, you would be expected to undertake additional responsibilities as requested by either the Senior Management or Leadership team following the successful completion of specific training and personal skills development e.g. supporting with Office Management.
- Have a Diploma in Business Administration or Level 3 CIPD (desirable) or relevant work experience
- Have a positive attitude to enhance the experience of staff and management team and strive to reach the highest customer service standards
- Have an understanding, acceptance and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality at all times.
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with colleagues and clients
- To provide efficient administration for the organisation, dealing with incoming and outgoing mail for any shared main inboxes, including electronic mail, answering the telephone and taking and recording messages as required
- To ensure administrative tasks relating to the recruitment and induction of new staff in the service are completed, liaising with the respective teams/individuals as required. This includes all pre-employment checks being completed and reference requests
- To assist with the maintenance of personal files for staff on the HRIS and to ensure all records are accurately updated as required, including training records for staff (if applicable)
- Organise meetings (calendar, catering, refreshments, greeting visitors)
- Keep good records, communicate effectively and share information as appropriate whilst maintaining confidentiality and data protection requirements
- Undertake any reasonable ad-hoc other duties as requested by the Management Team, which may not necessarily be outlined in this job description
A bit about us
Established in 2007 we’ve earned a reputation for consistently delivering world-class digital products and strategies. We call this Attention to digital™
We also have a strong sense of wanting to do the right thing - not just in digital, but our impact on the world too. That’s why we’re proud to be a Certified B Corporation™
Diverse teams make better teams
We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for employees that is free from discrimination.
We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, religious beliefs, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability.