An exciting opportunity for a passionate and talented Digital Designer to join the team here at Engage.
You’ll have a minimum of 2 years experience working in digital and possess a well-rounded and varied skill set, with a portfolio that demonstrates creative flair and a superb eye for detail.
- Salary - Dependant on experience
- Bonus - An uncapped bonus linked to the success of the agency
- Hours - Full time, flexible working hours and the option to work from home
- Kit - A brand new 16” MacBook Pro, 4k monitor and peripherals of your choice
- Holiday - 25 days a year + bank holidays and your birthday off
- Location - Our award winning, creative office right in the heart of Leeds
- Structured personal development facilitated by our People, Development and Culture team
- Office gym, secure bike storage and workshop
- Participation in the Elympics
- Monthly socials, epic Summer parties and more… (when lockdown allows us, of course!)
Please note – This is a full-time permanent position based in our Leeds office, however we currently provide the opportunity to work remotely.
Who we’re looking for
As a member of the design team at Engage you’ll have the chance to work on everything from digital branding and animation for our latest marketing campaigns, right through to creating considered and impactful UI designs for our next web project.
We’ve a diverse range of clients who span multiple sectors, so it’s important to us that you can adapt to meet the challenges posed by each new client and project, and excel at providing creative and engaging solutions.
More than anything though, it’s important to us that you love what you do and have a positive attitude and a desire to learn.
We also particularly welcome applicants from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women, disabled people and individuals from Black and Minority ethnic communities.
As a designer at Engage you will
- Be comfortable working on everything from websites, games, marketing campaigns, and digital advertising
- Work across all stages of the design process, from concept to through to completion, taking the creative lead on projects when required
- Take pride in your work
- Be able to clearly communicate your ideas, providing both written and verbal rationale for your decision making
- Contribute to brainstorms and project meetings
- Work closely with our development teams and be on hand to provide support throughout the duration of a project
- Interpret and action client feedback – and when necessary, not be afraid to question
- Manage your time effectively and be able to accurately quote for and estimate work
Our ideal designer
- 2+ years experience working in digital
- Proficient using Figma, and the Adobe suite of applications
- A strong and varied portfolio that demonstrates conceptual and design thinking
- A superb eye for detail
- Excellent understanding of traditional graphic design principles: typography, colour, layout and composition.
- Demonstrates a passion for UI design; across web, mobile, games, and apps
- Good knowledge of the entire website build process
- Understands what constitutes good UX design
- Experience creating wireframes, sitemaps, and interactive prototypes
- Experience using After Effects to create animation and video content
- Leadership: You are eager for more responsibility and happy to take a lead role on small to medium sized projects, occasionally helping manage more junior members of the team.
- Organisation - You can manage your own workload and keep the team around you informed of your progress.
- Positivity - You’re the glass half full type.
- Communication - You’re able to express yourself clearly and professionally.
- Confidence - You’re comfortable speaking up and inputting into group situations, but equally recognise when to focus on listening rather than responding - we’re not one for egos.
- Passion - You care deeply about the work you produce.
- Attention to Digital™ - We’re big on doing things properly here, and you are too.
We provide our whole team with coaching and mentorship with a focus on achieving goals and career progression.
And finally, a little about us
Established in 2007 we’ve built a reputation for consistently delivering world-class digital strategies for some of the UK’s leading brands. With a team of 34, we’re big enough to give you room to grow and work on high-profile projects, but small enough to remain agile and not get tied up in large agency politics.
Why not familiarise yourself with our work and clients by browsing our case studies then simply head over to the application form below if we sound like the kind of place you’d like to call home.
We’re also proud to be a Certified B Corporation™.
Strictly no recruiters thanks. We only consider applicants applying directly.