We’re on the lookout for an enthusiastic Front End Developer with around 3 to 4 years of industry experience to join our growing team. You’ll be joining the existing team of 10 developers where you’ll get to work on a wide range of exciting and unique projects using all the latest technologies.
Location: Leeds City Centre
Salary: £30k - £35k, based on ability and experience
Hours: Full time
We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, and so we particularly welcome applications from people who are underrepresented in our industry.
Why should you apply?
We are a team of people, passionate about front end development. With many years and a breadth of experience in the team already you’ll be working and growing alongside some of the best in the industry.
Preferring to develop each project using bespoke tools rather than off-the-shelf solutions we are always pushing our own boundaries and strive to stay on the cutting edge of our field.
As a company, we have great respect for the role that our front end development team has when producing quality products. We ensure that at least one member of the team is involved from the very beginning, suggesting ideas and solutions, offering advice and generally working to shape the product from the planning stages all the way through design and into development.
We work very closely with the back end development team; with both equally responsible for integrating the front and back end systems so there’s very little that is ever lost in translation.
Our responsibilities are diverse and we allow and encourage you to find an area of the role to specialise in. Here’s a few areas above the core responsibilities which other members of the team have already made their own:
- Scalable Framework Development
- Animation & interaction
- HTML5 Game Development
Technical skills we’re looking for
HTML & (S)CSS
At this point in your career we’d expect you to have a wealth of HTML & CSS knowledge. Building interfaces and laying out complex, responsive designs on screen without the use of CSS frameworks (like Bootstrap and Foundation) should be second nature to you.
Some experience adding movement and interaction using transitions and animations would be great too.
Experience with Vue.js or similar would be great. However, don’t worry if you’ve not had the opportunity to use a framework before, we can quickly bring you up to speed if your vanilla JS knowledge is up to scratch.
Webpack / Laravel Mix
Our front end workflow is centred around Webpack. Being able to maintain, update and improve on this over time will be a small but important aspect of your role.
Don’t worry if you’ve not used Webpack before but are comfortable with similar build tools such as Gulp, we can help bring you up to speed.
Only kidding! Mostly… This is a front end development role after all. However, our development baseplate allows the front and back end developers at Engage to work very closely together so if you have some understanding of PHP (specifically Laravel) and how those gears turn, then it’ll certainly help.
Personal attributes we’re looking for
- A desire to learn - You’re constantly looking to develop and improve, and you’re happy to accept critique and guidance.
- Positivity - You strive to approach things in a positive and optimistic way.
- Confidence - You’re comfortable speaking up and inputting into group situations, but equally recognise when to focus on listening rather than responding. We’re not one for egos either.
- Communication - You’re able to express yourself clearly and professionally.
- Organisation - You are happy managing your own workload and keeping the team around you informed of your progress.
- Passion - You thrive in a fast-paced agency environment and are always looking for new opportunities.
- Attention to Digital™ - We’re big on doing things properly here and you are too.
A bit about us
Established in 2007 we’ve built a reputation for consistently delivering world-class digital strategies for some of the UK’s leading brands. With a team of 32, we’re big enough to give you room to grow and work on high-profile projects, but small enough to remain agile and not get tied up in large agency politics.
Why not familiarise yourself with our work and clients by browsing our case studies then simply head over to the application form below if we sound like the kind of place you’d like to call home.
- £30k - £35k, based on ability and experience
- Bonus scheme
- An award winning, creative office right in the heart of Leeds
- 25 days holiday a year ( + bank holidays of course )
- Your birthday off
- On site gym and bike workshop
- Flexible working times
- Participation in our Elympics campaign
- Monthly socials, epic Summer parties and more…
Pssst! Strictly no recruiters thanks. We only consider applicants applying directly.
Closing date for applications: 7th February 2020