We’re looking for an enthusiastic Junior Backend Developer to join our growing team. Joining our existing team of 10 developers you’ll get to work on a wide range of exciting and bespoke projects using all the latest technologies, and giving you the opportunity to develop your capabilities.
Location: Leeds City Centre
Salary: Competitive, based on ability
Hours: Full time
We’re passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, and so we particularly welcome applications from people who are underrepresented in our industry.
Why should you apply?
We do bespoke development. As a developer you have a chance to get to the heart of a problem and solve it in an elegant way. We have a friendly and experienced team, with a wide breadth of knowledge spanning many years of development experience. Working in a junior role, you’ll have the opportunity to see how we get things done, learning from our knowhow, and taking your skills to the next level.
Even as a junior member of the team, our size means you have a chance to effect real change in our processes. If you think there’s a better way to do something then tell us about it; we’ll happily look it over and introduce it into our workflow if it’s the right fit.
So why PHP? Simply put, we’re big fans of Laravel. We think it makes PHP a joy to work with. PHP7 has also brought some fantastic changes which really cement the language as an excellent choice for projects. Having said all this, we stand by the adage “use the right tool for the job”. If another language can do it better then we’ll probably use it.
We also have someone dedicated to managing DevOps, meaning you can concentrate on programming without distraction.
Technical skills we’re looking for
- A display of development aptitude. It’s important that you can learn and that you’re happy to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
- Industry experience. This isn’t an absolute requirement at this level, but experience working in the industry, particularly in a digital agency, is preferred.
- A desire to learn more about modern frameworks (i.e. Laravel, Symfony), consumption of APIs, unit testing, and modern build practices.
- An understanding of programmatic practices and principles.
- Whilst the role isn’t for frontend development, a basic understanding of how frontend build is done is helpful.
Personal attributes we’re looking for
- Desire to learn - You’re constantly looking to develop and improve, and you’re happy to accept critique and guidance.
- Positivity - You strive to approach things in a positive and optimistic way.
- Confidence - You’re comfortable speaking up and inputting into group situations, but equally recognise when to focus on listening rather than responding. We’re not one for egos either.
- Communication - You’re able to express yourself clearly and professionally.
- Passion - You thrive in a fast-paced agency environment and are always looking for new opportunities.
- Attention to Digital™ - We’re big on doing things properly here and you are too.
A bit about us
Established in 2007 we’ve built a reputation for consistently delivering world-class digital strategies for some of the UK’s leading brands. With a team of 32, we’re big enough to give you room to grow and work on high-profile projects, but small enough to remain agile and not get tied up in large agency politics.
Why not familiarise yourself with our work and clients by browsing our case studies then simply head over to the application form below if we sound like the kind of place you’d like to call home.
- Competitive salary & bonus scheme
- An award winning, creative office right in the heart of Leeds
- 25 days holiday a year ( + bank holidays of course )
- Your birthday off
- On site gym and bike workshop
- Flexible working times
- Participation in our Elympics campaign
- Monthly socials, epic Summer parties and more…
Pssst! Strictly no recruiters thanks. We only consider applicants applying directly.