Do you share our passion for digital and want to work in a fast paced agency environment with a talented team of like-minded people? Then keep scrolling.
Pssst! Strictly no recruiters thanks. We will only consider applicants applying directly using the form below.
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic PHP Developer to join our growing team. Joining our existing team of 10 developers you’ll get to work on a wide range of exciting and bespoke projects using all the latest technologies.
Location: Leeds City Centre
Salary: Competitive, based on ability
Hours: Full time
Why should you apply?
We do bespoke development. As a developer you have a chance to get to the heart of a problem and solve it in an elegant way. On top of this, all our new projects are expected to have a full suite of automated tests, allowing for reproducibility and graceful scaling.
The size of the team means you have a chance to effect real change in our processes. If you think there’s a better way to do something then tell us about it; we’ll happily look it over and introduce it into our workflow if it’s the right fit.
So why PHP? Simply put, we’re big fans of Laravel. We think it makes PHP a joy to work with. PHP7 has also brought some fantastic changes which really cement the language as an excellent choice for projects. Having said all this, we stand by the adage “use the right tool for the job”. If another language can do it better then we’ll probably use it.
We provide fantastic equipment, such as ergonomic chairs and modern Macs. You’re also in charge of your own machine: use Homebrew for your local setup? No problem. Have a tendency for Docker? Fine by us.
We also have someone dedicated to managing devops, meaning you can concentrate on programming without distraction.
Technical skills we're looking for
- Experience with modern frameworks, i.e. Laravel, Symfony.
- Experience with automated testing, i.e. unit testing, TDD.
- Experience using relational databases, schema design, and normalisation, i.e. MySQL, Postgres.
- Experience working with APIs - RESTful, SOAP etc.
- A good understanding of programmatic best practices and how to apply them i.e. OOP, design patterns, SOLID principles.
- Whilst the role isn’t for frontend development, a basic understanding of frontend build techniques is preferred.
Nice to haves
- Predominantly we use PHP, but experience with other similar languages is a plus, i.e C#, Python, Go.
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Knowledge of Docker/containerisation.
Personal attributes we're looking for
- Positivity - You strive to approach things in a positive and optimistic way.
- Confidence - You're comfortable speaking up and inputting into group situations, but equally recognise when to focus on listening rather than responding. We're not one for egos either.
- A way with words - Both written and verbal, you’re able to express yourself clearly and professionally.
- Passion - You thrive in a fast-paced agency environment and are always looking for new opportunities.
- Attention to Digital™ - We're big on doing things properly here and you are too.
We're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity, and so we particularly welcome applications from people who are underrepresented in our industry.
A bit about us
Established in 2007 we’ve built a reputation for consistently delivering world-class digital strategies for some of the UK’s leading brands. With a team of 35, we’re big enough to give you room to grow and work on some high-profile projects, but small enough to remain agile and not be tied up in large agency politics. We’ve got a very healthy culture here in the studio and everyone is given the voice and opportunity to input and effect change in all areas of the business.
Having just moved into our new home, 2019 is set to be an exciting year for us. We've got some great new clients on board with a whole bunch of interesting projects ready to get stuck into.
If you’re not already familiar with our work, have a browse through our case studies as they're by far the best way of seeing the kind of stuff we do and who we do it for. Then, if you think that you’ve got the passion and expertise to do similar (or better!), this could be the role for you.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary based on your experience / ability
- Company pension scheme, matched up to 3%
- An award winning, creative office right in the heart of Leeds
- Brand new computer kit
- 25 days holiday a year ( + bank holidays of course )
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Free breakfast sandwich every Friday
- On site gym and bike workshop
- Flexible working times
- Participation in our Elympics campaign
- Monthly socials, epic Summer parties and more