This is a new role at Engage and a fantastic opportunity to join a growing agency where you can help mould our approach and process.
We are looking for a super talented Resource Manager to join us at Engage. They will be responsible for the day to day resource management of the studio schedule. They will need to have oversight of every job going through each team, ensuring the Project Managers are on track with briefings and reviews.
They will need to run weekly meetings with the head of each department to ensure we have sufficient time within the team to cover the workload and make decisions on priorities based on deadlines.
This role sits within the Delivery team and will report to the Head of Delivery.
Strong understanding of studio processes, perhaps they’ve worked previously as a Project Manager or in an operation role.
Have a good commercial awareness, understanding top level business decisions and knowing which jobs to prioritise. They’ll need an understanding of how to make an agency run profitably.
Skills and knowledge
- People management skills and the ability to gain the trust of the studio team.
- Knowledge of design specialisms and understanding of UX, product design and motion/animation skills.
- Knowledge of development processes, including front end, backend and CMS specialisms.
- Organisation must be a strength, with the ability to take multiple resource requests and prioritise them and produce order.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple jobs at once.
- Running weekly resource meetings to book new projects / campaigns into the teams. This includes design, development and marketing.
- Taking full management of the team schedule.
- Work with the Operations Director and the Delivery team on the Pipeline of work ensuring the correct skill sets are available within each team.
- Working with Head of Delivery to raise any issues impacting the team
- Managing the freelance administration, bookings, contracts & timesheets.
- Admin to oversee all aspects of our freelancer relationships; adding timesheets, raising PO’s.
- Liaising with Project Managers to ensure briefs are running on track.
- Question budgets and process with the PM, ensuring the necessary steps are being covered by the PMs.
- Reporting on weekly utilisation and checking on weekly non-billable timesheets.
- Responsibility for chasing all teams on daily time logging and making sure logs are accurate. Escalating to the Heads-of if there’s any issues.
Diverse teams make better teams
We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive working environment for employees that is free from discrimination.
We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, religious beliefs, age, sex, sexual orientation or disability.
What you’ll get in return
- Performance linked company bonus scheme
- A company culture that promotes work-life balance
- Structured personal development and progression facilitated by our People Development and Culture Team
- Flexible and remote working around 2 days a week in our Leeds office
- An award winning office designed for hybrid working
- Free on-site gym
- Your birthday off
- Regular socials, epic Summer parties and more…
Proud to be B Corp™
We’ve always had a strong sense of wanting to do the right thing—not just in digital, but also in the impact we have in the world. That’s why we are beyond thrilled to tell you we’re now a Certified B Corporation™