16th March Update
Following on from Friday’s successful whole team Work From Home trial we are now moving to an enforced two week WFH period, starting from the 17th March. At the end of which we’ll assess the ongoing situation and make a decision in regard to the continuation of WFH. Keep an eye on our Instagram to keep up-to-date with how we’re getting on.
Like the rest of the World, we’ve been closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and continually assessing our response as the situation unfolds.
As a business, we have a responsibility to do as much as we can to help prevent further spread, which seems increasingly inevitable based on the current exponential rate of infections we’re seeing in countries such as Italy. Understandably many businesses are waiting to see how others respond first in case of being seen to overreact, but after reviewing some of the comprehensive data and analysis now available we feel socially obligated to take action sooner.
With that in mind, we’re going to be asking the whole team to work from home this Friday 13th March so we can test our ability to work off site effectively. We’ll then be monitoring the situation over the weekend and making a decision as to whether we continue to work from home next week.
How will this affect our clients?
We’re confident that there will be minimal interruptions as a result of this decision, however there may be some teething issues as we get accustomed to this new way of working remotely, as a whole team.
Should you have any specific questions or concerns about our response to COVID-19, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Useful remote working tools
Below is a list of tools designed to make remote working easier, collated by the guys over at Know Your Team. Hopefully they’re useful for those reading this post who are also considering the move.
- 1Password — Password management
- Asana — Project management
- Basecamp — Project management, communicating with clients
- BitBucket — Code hosting
- Confluence — Knowledgebase
- Figma — Prototyping
- Guru — Knowledgebase
- GitHub — Version control
- Google Suite — Collaboration, email
- GoToMeeting — Webinars and one-on-one classes
- Harvest — Time tracking
- Help Scout — Help desk
- Jira — Task tracker
- Know Your Team — New manager training, social connection, knowing what people work on, team feedback
- Lessonly — Employee onboarding + training
- Loom — Quick videos to explain stuff
- Miro — Online collaborative whiteboarding
- Notion — Team collaboration
- Paper by Dropbox — Document collaboration
- Quip — Internal wiki
- Salesforce — CRM
- Slack — Day to day chatter
- Smartsheets — Project management
- TeamCity — Continuous integration
- Trello — Project-specific communication
- Twist — Internal communication
- UpSource — Code Reviews
- Zapier — Cross-product integration
- Zendesk — Support
- Zoom — Video conference